I’ve started this blog to give you a look into my world of esthetics. Along the way I will be pulling in close friends who’s opinions and expertise I believe in. This week, I’m happy to have a close friend, fashion designer Rachel Roy, give us some insight into her personal style. ~ Dr. Michael Apa
After shampooing hair, towel dry and spray with Build It Blowdrying Agent for texture
Blow dry hair with a round brush and part hair with a middle part
Using a large barrel curling iron (2″ or more) wrap random sections of hair around the barrel to create loose waves
Run your fingers through the hair to break up the waves so they are not so contrived
Finish with Beautiful Hold Hairspray to hold it all in place
It’s time to update your skincare from Winter products to Spring. Make a transition from a heavy moisturizer to a lightweight hydrating face lotion with sunscreen.
Our suggestions for Lightweight Moisturizer/Face Lotion:
- ANTHONY LOGISTICS Lightweight Face Lotion (Oil and lanolin-free). Contains silk amino acids to enhance water retention, retexturize, and ease the appearance of fine lines. SPF 15. Allergy tested. Never tested on animals.
- BOBBI BROWN Protective Face Lotion SPF 15 -This lightweight, moisturizing lotion hydrates as Anti-Oxidant Vitamin E aids in fighting skin-damaging free radicals; Chamomile calms and soothes.
- OLAY Total Effects Fragrance-Free Moisturizer With Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15. This daily all-in-one SPF 15 moisturizer fights 7 signs of aging and helps protect against UVA/UVB rays with a proven vitamin-rich complex for younger-looking skin.
How to create a flawless face: the Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer should match your skin exactly. For best results test three shades on your jawline and blend. Select the shade that completely disappears into the skin. Use a damp sponge (BEAUTY BLENDER SPONGE) when applying your foundation/tinted moisturizer.
When using a powder foundation, tap off your brush before applying to your face. Complete application with a makeup finishing spray like SKINDANAVIA to keep your face fresh.
Recommended Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer/Powder Foundation
- MAKE UP FOR EVER – HD Foundation (Rachel’s shade is “173″)
- RICH Cosmetics – Anti-Oxidant Dual Powder Foundation with Sunscreen (Rachel’s shade is “Cinnamon”)
- JOUER Cosmetics – Matte Moisture Tint (Rachel’s shade is “Hazel”)
How to get the look:
- Apply a soft wash of “Gunmetal” from the URBAN DECAY NAKED eye shadow palette from lid to crease with a blending brush. To make eyes pop, trace eye line top and bottom close to your lash line with “Creep” from the same eye shadow palette with an eyeliner brush.
- Apply 3 coats of VOLUMIZING MASCARA RICH Cosmetics “Volume X” Mascara or to really make your eyes pop – add individual lashes
- Note: When filling in your eyebrows, choose a pencil or eye shadow that matches the shade of your eyebrows not your hair color.
How to create: Apply BRONZER (Lorac Blush/Bronzer Duo) on temples, forehead and hollows of cheeks beneath your cheekbones. Pop BLUSH on the apples of your cheeks and back towards your ears and blend. Note: always tap of brush before applying bronzer or blush
How to create:
- Apply lip balm and blot. Color lips in with “Plum Rouge” lipstick pencil by Color by Cynde Watson
Here’s a pic of Cynde doing Rachel’s makeup that we like~